Use your smartphone and tell us what is a perfect day for you
Participants: young adults ages 18 to 30 from Russia and Israel
Video requirements: duration from 30 seconds to 1 minute.
The video must be filmed and edited on any mobile device or tablet. The short video for the competition should be devoted to the topic “Perfect Day: something that can make your day truly amazing”. A visual story of a perfect day, some significant event in it: a meeting, a compromise, a contact - something that excites you personally or is important for the society as general.
Acceptance of applications: applications for participation are accepted till September 30, 2021.
In your video tell us what inspires, excites, motivates you, what is crucial to you.
Dates / stages
1. Shoot your Perfect Day
2. Upload the video and fill in the form on the website till September 30
3. Follow the videos of other participants on our social media
4. Vote for other participants’ videos from October 1 till October 15
5. Come to the finalists' award ceremony: October 21, 2021 in the Museum of Moscow
The goal of the Young Mobile Movie Competition is to reveal the creative potential of young adults from Russia and Israel - digital natives, who were already born and raised in the world of open borders, cultural exchange and the global information field, and to draw the attention of the international professional community to the creative expression of the generation under 30 and in general.
A generation under 30 thinks, communicates and creates both globally and locally. What was previously considered private life has become for them a public space and a reason for daily documentation, fixation and self-presentation. Mainly for the generation of 30 and younger the concept of “local community” has ceased to be tied to geolocation only. On the contrary, a community in the modern understanding can be a group of people bound by an aesthetic code, a common experience or anxiety, an education or a hobby, who exist together but have never met in person. The genre of "public confession" in social media blurs the boundaries between real events and fantasies, documentaries and fiction films.
Since the Competition is confined to the 30th anniversary of the restoration of diplomatic relations between Russia and Israel, the concept of the Competition is based on the idea that young people under 30 are a global community, each member of which is unique, and regardless of the city and country of residence, in everyday life life they have much more in common than it seems. Young people from different cities of Russia and Israel make friends, love, study, experience personal and family dramas, find their way, defend the right for self-realization, and increasingly live in a digital community of social media that has no borders, doors and thresholds. It is a community in which visual language has become universal, and in which the truth of emotion is higher than the truth of fact.
Participants are encouraged to shoot short videos up to 1 minute, filmed and edited on mobile devices, on the topic “Perfect Day: something that can make your day truly amazing”. An anthology of the best short movies from participants from different cities of Russia and Israel will present this global-local community of 30-year-olds who grew up without iron curtains and barriers to exchange, and will become a Step Forward to a new global-local community of digital natives.
Dates of the competition: September – October 2021
Finalists’ award date: October 21, 2021 (tentative)
Finalists’ award location: Museum of Moscow
For the participants:
Step Forward is an international competition of exclusively short videos shot and edited on any mobile phone or tablet. We recognize and celebrate the talent of novice screenwriters, directors and cameramen.
Henri Carier-Bresson stated: "Your first ten thousand photographs will be your worst." The 30-year-old generation has tremendous experience as they shoot, edit and publish stories in photo and video format on a daily basis. Moreover, they are guided by the reaction of the audience and know what provides simply a response and what can bring an emotional reaction. The genre of the public diary, which reveals the author not through facts, but through emotions, has become a native genre for young adults, and it knows neither state borders, nor language boundaries.
The competition "Step Forward" accepts short videos on the topic "Perfect Day" with a duration of up to 1 minute, filmed and edited on a mobile device. The topic of the movie is a story about a perfect day, about some significant event in it. It can be a meeting, a compromise, a contact - something that you consider to be significant for you personally and for your community. The purpose of the competition is to collect a general picture of what inspires, worries and motivates, of everything that brings us together and makes us take another Step Forward.
Rules of the International Mobile Movie Competition "Step Forward"
1. General Provisions1.1. This competition, titled "Step Forward" (hereinafter referred to as the "Competition"), is held within the series of events dedicated to the 30th anniversary of the resumption of diplomatic relations between Russia and Israel.
2. Terms and definitions2.1. Questionnaire / registration form - information left by the users when registering on the Site, including: surname, name, patronymic, e-mail address.
3. Gift Fund of the Competition3.1. Within the framework of the Competition, the Participants who won in the categories: Best Movie (Grand Prix), Best Editing, Best Screenplay, People's Choice, established in clause 5 of the Rules, are awarded the following gifts provided by Svyaznoy (hereinafter - Gifts): Smartphone Xiaomi Mi 11 5G 8 / 256GB i - 3 pcs, HonorMagicBookX15 15.6 - 1 pc, Action camera GoProHERO9 - 1 pc. The total number of the presented Gifts - 5 pcs.
4. Dates4.1. All actions provided for by these Rules must be performed and recorded by the Organizer Moscow time, from 00 hours 00 minutes 00 seconds to 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds, inclusive, of the corresponding calendar days included in the specified period, unless specified otherwise separately. Any time specified in these Rules must be considered as Moscow time.
5. Procedure for participation in the Competition5.1. In order to become a Participant of the Competiton, a person who meets the requirements established in clause 2.5 of the Rules must
6. Procedure for presenting Gifts6.1. Gifts are presented in the following order:
7. Informing the Participants7.1. The Official Competition Rules are posted in full and with open access on the Site https://perfectday.hillel.ru/.
8. Method of concluding an agreement between the Organizer and the ParticipantThe contract for participation in the Competition between the Organizer and the Participant is free of charge for the latter, is concluded by joining the Participant to the conditions contained in the text of these Rules in the following way:
9. Changes to the Rules and early termination of the Competition9.1. The Organizer has the right to cancel, early terminate the Promotion or change these Rules in case of any problem that makes the Competition impossible, impracticable, inappropriate, or for any other reason.
10. Personal data processing policy10.1. The fact of performing the actions established by these Rules is a specific, deliberate and conscious consent of the Participant to the processing of his personal data provided by him during registration in the Competition, within the framework of the Competition to the Organizer and / or the persons involved, in strict accordance with the goals established by these Rules. The operator of personal data is the Organizer, information about which is specified in clause 1.2 of the Rules.
11. Additional conditions:11.1. The Organizer has the right to exclude from the Participants of the Competition unilaterally and without giving reasons:
The video must be filmed and edited on any mobile device or tablet.Remember to tag Hillel's account with the tag #perfectdayhillel when posting videos on social media